The unemployment rate for black Americans is more than double that of white Americans, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). In the numbers released today, CONTINUE READING
Storm preparation tips
• Keep an emergency kit, including batteries, flashlights, a portable radio, water, a first-aid kit and nonperishable food that doesn’t need to be cooked.
• Fuel vehicles and secure important documents in case of evacuation.
• Charge phones ahead of time.
• Prepare to protect homes with lumber or shutters. Clear debris and park vehicles in garages.
• During the storm, stay inside and away from windows. Do not go outside in high winds.
• Watch for downed power lines.